Sunday, January 30, 2011

Getting The Room Ready

Eddie and I have been working on different projects to get things ready for Baby Girl's arrival. We started by getting rid of Eddie's queen bed in our extra guest room. Then, we added a white crib purchased with love for Baby Girl by her Grandma Susie. Next was an all day shopping trip to find just the right dresser that would serve as a changing table and a nice bookshelf to match from IKEA (thanks to Grandma Susie for her patience with me on that shopping trip)!








I finally had an excuse to start sewing again and am excited to have been able to make a few things for the room. I started with the curtains which add some color and length to the room. Next, I made the little bird pictures that hang above the dresser. The mirror is a hand-me-down with a new ribbon to add a splash of pink!








It seems that the 'bird' theme continues with the peel-on tree mural beside the crib. The bird mobile was a joint effort with me sewing the little birds from fabric and Eddie constructing the mobile and hanging it just above the crib for Baby Girl to look at while she tries to fall asleep. I must say that the bird theme was quite accidental as things just came together, but it is cute and hopefully not too overdone.


The twin bed will be left in the room for guests to use and for us to use on nights where sleep is hard to come by. The light above it is a lantern from our wedding decorations. The quilt is a work in progress. I still have to quilt the top to sew the layers together and make the squares pop. And, of course when that is done the binding will be added to finish it off. Hopefully, Baby Girl will get a lot of use out of the quilt in the coming years.


We think the room is finished, besides all of the little things that we will use daily. My Aunt Amy is throwing a baby shower next Saturday, so after that I can start stocking up on diapers, wipes, and all of the other tiny clothes that Baby Girl will need very soon. 6 weeks to go and we can't be more excited to see this little girl in person!

1 comment: